Eugene C. Varnado is a long time resident of the Southern Suburbs of Chicago. He is the Owner/Manager of Eugene C. Varnado, LLC, a Certified Public Accounting firm located in South Holland, Illinois. Mr. Varnado is a Chicago native who moved his family to the Southern Suburbs in 1968, and located his accounting practice into the area in 1982.
Mr. Varnado has over thirty-five (35) years experience in the field of accounting as well as a commitment of service to the community. He has a master’s degree in Finance and Economic from the University of Chicago, and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Roosevelt University in Chicago, Illinois. He began his professional career with Deloitte and Touche, Ltd before becoming an entrepreneur.
Mr. Varnado is presently Treasurer for the seventeen (17) elementary and high school districts within both Thornton and Calumet Townships. He is one of the organizers, owners and currently serves on the Board of Managers of Providence Bank, headquartered in South Holland, Illinois. He is also the founder and Board Chairman of the South Suburban Small Business Association, SSSBA. SSSBA supports, promotes and serves as a resource to small business persons and organizations located in the sixty-nine communities of South Cook County and Northern Indiana. Mr. Varnado is also a member of the Board of the South Area Literacy Council.
Mr. Varnado’s dedication to community service is evidenced by his numerous affiliations:
- Founding and initial President of the South Suburban Graduate Chapter, Theta Mu Lambda, of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (the organization is committed to service to the youth of the community)
- Founding and initial Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Theta Mu Lambda Charitable Foundation (charitable arm of above organization established to provide scholarships)
- Life Member NAACP
- Former member of the Board of Directors YMCA, Harvey
- Heritage Member of the YMCA
- Past Board of Directors and Treasurer, Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman of the Business Activities Division of the Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman of the Leadership Institute Committee of the Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Graduate of the Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute in 1990
- Past Board of Directors New Concept Development Center
- Past Advisory Committee of South Suburban College Cultural Diversity Program
- Past Board Member South Austin Job Referral Services
- Past Board Member Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce in Chicago
- Past Board Member and Secretary of Chicago Minority Business Development Council
- Past Board Member of Far South Suburban Housing Service
- Past Board Member of South Suburban College Foundation